The IQBBA® Certified Business-Analyst Foundation Level training introduces the main concepts on which a Business Analyst's skills are built. Obtaining the Foundation Level certificate fulfils the conditions to attend the Advanced Level training and examination.
The duration of the training is 3 days, including examination, and is structured so as to convey the course content in a compact and goal-oriented manner. The concepts are reinforced by means of exercises and revision questions.
The training is aligned to the official IQBBA® Certified Business-Analyst Foundation Level syllabus, and includes the following focus points:
Basics of Business Analysis
- Terminology and Definitions
- Role of the Business Analyst
- Overview of the Activities of the Business Analyst
- Internal Analysis, including Vision, Mission and Business Goals, Business Process Analysis, Business Need Concept and Gap Analysis
- External Analysis, including Market Research and Analysis, and User Needs Identification
- Stakeholder Identification
- Solution Proposal and Analysis
- Project Initiation
Management of the Business Process Analysis Process
- Approaches for Business Analysis, Including Traditional vs. Agile Environments, and Interdisciplinary Approaches
- Tools, Techniques and Notations for Business Process Analysis
Requirements Engineering in Business Analysis
- Requirements Development, Including Elicitation, Analysis and Modelling, Specification, Verification and Validation of Requirements
- Requirements Management, Information Architecture, Requirements Communication, Traceability, Configuration Management, Scope Management and Quality Assurance
- Tools, Techniques and Notations for Requirements Engineering
Solution Evaluation and Optimization
WHAT YOU WILL GET OUT OF THE COURSE
- You learn the fundamentals of Business Analysis in a compact form from experienced professionals.
- You can identify the goals and principles to guide projects to success.
- You can work as the link between business stakeholders and the IT or development department, ensuring that both parties' interests and constraints are taken into account.
- You enhance your professional experience by means of a transversal qualification in an area of increasing importance.
The participants in the course will receive:
- A course file with paper copies of the presentation slides, exercises, trial exam questions and syllabus, and
- A USB stick containing electronic copies of the complete course documentation.
The course is aimed at anyone who has or will have an activity in Business Analysis, such as: Business and System Analysts, Business Domain experts, IT specialists, Process and Project Managers, Requirements Engineers, Domain and IT Consultants.
Basic theoretical knowledge in the field of Business Analysis is an advantage.
The Foundation Level training is concluded with an examination to obtain the internationally recognized "IQBBA® Certified Business-Analyst Foundation Level" certificate.
The certification is under the auspices of the GASQ (Global Association for Software Quality). The GASQ is an international examination provider and leading association in the area of Software Quality. The GASQ certifications are issued internationally and are established by working groups with international participation. GASQ is ISO9001:2015 certified and has ISO17024 accreditation.
COURSE DURATION AND PRICE
The duration of the training is 3 days, including examination.
The price of the training per participant is 2'500.00 CHF plus VAT.
The cost of the examination for certification in Switzerland is included in the price.
In addition to the training documentation, the course fees include:
- Refreshments on arrival and in the breaks, as well as lunch
- Examination fees (only in Switzerland)