As Technical Test Analyst you are responsible for designing, developing and prioritizing technical tests as well as for introducing and deploying test automation tools.
Our ISTQB® Certified Tester (Advanced Level) - Test Technical Analyst training will enable you to:
- Recognize and classify the typical risks associated with the performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability of software systems.
- Provide technical elements to the planning, design and execution of tests for mitigating performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability risks.
- Select and apply appropriate white-box test techniques to ensure that tests provide an adequate level of confidence, based on design coverage.
- Effectively participate in reviews with developers and software architects applying knowledge of typical defects in the code and architecture.
- Improve the quality characteristics of code and architecture by making use of different analysis techniques.
- Outline the costs and benefits to be expected from introducing particular types of test automation.
- Select appropriate tools to automate technical testing tasks.
- Understand the technical issues and concepts in applying test automation.
(Syllabus ISTQB CTAL V2019)
The training follows the official ISTQB® Certified Tester (Advanced Level) - Technical Test Analyst Syllabus (version 2019) and covers mainly the following topics:
- The Technical Test Analyst's Tasks in Risk-Based Testing
- White-box Test Techniques
- Analytical Techniques
- Quality Characteristics for Technical Testing
- Test Tools and Automation
Numerous exercises are used in the course to facilitate the transfer of the acquired knowledge into day to day practice.
Participants will be provided with:
- A folder with hard copies of slides, exercises, revision questions and Syllabus,
- An USB-stick with the entire course documentation, and
- The book “Advanced Software Testing - Vol. 1: Guide to the ISTQB® Advanced Certification as an Advanced Test Analyst”.
The training is aimed at anyone who is or will be in charge of designing and defining technical tests or of deploying test automation: Test Managers, Technical Test Analysts and Designers, Testers, Software Developers and anyone who holds a ISTQB® Certified Tester (Foundation Level) certificate.
The ISTQB® Certified Tester (Foundation Level) certificate is a prerequisite.
The Technical Test Analyst training ends with an exam (120 minutes) to obtain the "ISTQB® Certified Tester (Advanced Level) - Technical Test Analyst" certification.
In Switzerland the certification body is the Swiss Association for Quality (SAQ), in Germany the international Software Quality Institute (iSQI).
The participation fee for the training is 2'500,00 CHF plus VAT.
In Switzerland examination fees are included in the training fees.
In Germany additional examination fees are invoiced (price location dependent).
In addition to the the training material the training fee includes:
- Welcome drink, snacks during the breaks and lunch meal
- Examination fees (Switzerland only)
- Book “Advanced Software Testing - Vol. 1: Guide to the ISTQB® Advanced Certification as an Advanced Test Analyst”