As Technical Test Analyst you are responsible for designing, developing and prioritizing technical tests as well as for introducing and deploying test automation tools.
Our ISTQB® Certified Tester (Advanced Level) - Test Technical Analyst training will enable you to:
- Recognize and classify the typical risks associated with the performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability of software systems.
- Create test plans which detail the planning, design and execution of tests for mitigating performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability risks.
- Select and apply appropriate structural design techniques to ensure that tests provide an adequate level of confidence, based on code coverage and design coverage.
- Effectively participate in technical reviews with developers and software architects applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in code and architecture.
- Recognize risks in code and software architecture and create test plan elements to mitigate those risks through dynamic analysis.
- Propose improvements to the security, maintainability and testability of code by applying static analysis.
- Outline the costs and benefits to be expected from introducing particular types of test automation.
- Select appropriate tools to automate technical testing tasks.
- Understand the technical issues and concepts in applying test automation.
(according Syllabus ISTQB CTAL V2012)
- The Technical Test Analyst’s Tasks in Risk-Based Testing
- Structure-Based Testing
- Analytical Techniques
- Quality Characteristics for Technical Testing
- Test Tools and Automation
Numerous exercises are used in the course to facilitate the transfer of the acquired knowledge into day to day practice.
Participants will be provided with:
- A folder with hard copies of slides, exercises, revision questions and Syllabus,
- An USB-stick with the entire course documentation, and
- The book “Advanced Software Testing - Vol. 1: Guide to the ISTQB® Advanced Certification as an Advanced Test Analyst”.
The training is aimed at anyone who is or will be in charge of designing and defining technical tests or of deploying test automation: Test Managers, Technical Test Analysts and Designers, Testers, Software Developers and anyone who holds a ISTQB® Certified Tester (Foundation Level) certificate.
The ISTQB® Certified Tester (Foundation Level) certificate is a prerequisite.
The Technical Test Analyst training ends with an exam (120 minutes) to obtain the "ISTQB® Certified Tester (Advanced Level) - Technical Test Analyst" certification.
In Switzerland the certification body is the Swiss Association for Quality (SAQ), in Germany the international Software Quality Institute (iSQI).
The participation fee for the training is 2'500,00 CHF plus VAT.
In Switzerland examination fees are included in the training fees.
In Germany additional examination fees are invoiced (price location dependent).
In addition to the the training material the training fee includes:
- Welcome drink, snacks during the breaks and lunch meal
- Examination fees (Switzerland only)
- Book “Advanced Software Testing - Vol. 1: Guide to the ISTQB® Advanced Certification as an Advanced Test Analyst”