ISTQB® Certified Tester (Advanced Level) - Technical Test Analyst
As Technical Test Analyst you are responsible for:
- Designing, developing and prioritizing technical tests, and
- Introducing and deploying test automation tools.
An Advanced Technical Test Analyst can
- Recognize and classify the typical risks associated with the performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability of software systems.
- Create test plans which detail the planning, design and execution of tests for mitigating performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability risks.
- Select and apply appropriate structural design techniques to ensure that tests provide an adequate level of confidence, based on code coverage and design coverage.
- Effectively participate in technical reviews with developers and software architects applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in code and architecture.
- Recognize risks in code and software architecture and create test plan elements to mitigate those risks through dynamic analysis.
- Propose improvements to the security, maintainability and testability of code by applying static analysis.
- Outline the costs and benefits to be expected from introducing particular types of test automation.
- Select appropriate tools to automate technical testing tasks.
- Understand the technical issues and concepts in applying test automation.
(according Syllabus ISTQB CTAL V2012)
Numerous exercises are used in the course to facilitate the transfer of the acquired knowledge into day to day practice.
- The Technical Test Analyst’s Tasks in Risk-Based Testing
- Structure-Based Testing
- Analytical Techniques
- Quality Characteristics for Technical Testing
- Test Tools and Automation
Test managers, Test engineers, Test designers, Test consultants, Programmers and Software developers, Project managers, Quality managers, Software development managers.
ISTQB® Certified Tester (Foundation Level) certificate.
The training ends with a three-hour exam to obtain the "ISTQB® Certified Software Tester Advanced Level – Technical Test Analyst" certification. In Switzerland the certification body is the Swiss Association for Quality (SAQ), in Europe the international Software Quality Institute (iSQI).
The participation fee for the training is 2.500.00 CHF plus VAT.
In Germany additional examination fees of 250.00 € plus VAT are invoiced. In Switzerland these fees are included in the training fees.
- The training fee includes the training material and lunch during the training.
- Participants receive the book “Advanced Software Testing - Vol. 3: Guide to the ISTQB® Advanced Certification as an Advanced Technical Test Analyst”.