ISTQB® Certified Tester (Advanced Level) - Test Analyst
As Test Analyst you are responsible for:
- Designing, developing and prioritizing functional tests, and
- Organizing usability tests.
An Advanced Test Analyst can
- Perform the appropriate testing activities based on the software development lifecycle being used.
- Determine the proper prioritization of the testing activities based on the information provided by the risk analysis.
- Select and apply appropriate testing techniques to ensure that tests provide an adequate level of confidence, based on defined coverage criteria.
- Provide the appropriate level of documentation relevant to the testing activities.
- Determine the appropriate types of functional testing to be performed.
- Assume responsibility for the usability testing for a given project.
- Effectively participate in formal and informal reviews with stakeholders, applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in work products.
- Design and implement a defect classification scheme.
- Apply tools to support an efficient testing process.
(according Syllabus ISTQB CTAL V2012)
Numerous exercises are used in the course to facilitate the transfer of the acquired knowledge into day to day practice.
- Testing Process
- Test Management: Responsibilities for the Test Analyst
- Test Techniques
- Testing Software Quality Characteristics
- Defect Management
- Test Tools
Test managers, Test engineers, Test designers, Test consultants, User acceptance testers, Programmers and Software developers, Project managers, Quality managers, Software development managers.
ISTQB® Certified Tester (Foundation Level) certificate.
The training ends with a three-hour exam to obtain the "ISTQB® Certified Software Tester Advanced Level – Test Analyst" certification. In Switzerland the certification body is the Swiss Association for Quality (SAQ), in Europe the international Software Quality Institute (iSQI).
The participation fee for the training is 3.200,00 CHF plus VAT. In Germany additional examination fees of 250,00 € plus VAT are invoiced. In Switzerland these fees are included in the training fees.
- The training fee includes the training material and lunch during the training.
- Participants receive the book “Advanced Software Testing - Vol. 1: Guide to the ISTQB® Advanced Certification as an Advanced Test Analyst”.